Our favourite holistic nutritionist and health coach, Natalie Brady has the yummiest zucchini fritter recipe! The whole family will love these fritters, they’re light and wholesome without an ounce of sogginess.
“These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, containing only 7 ingredients (mostly spices). It’s the perfect lazy weekday dinner meal, or weekend breakfast meal. They are wonderfully nutritious, vegetarian and paleo friendly. The trick to making these zucchini fritters work is by making sure you drain any excess moisture from them by squeezing the living daylights out of the zucchini once grated. Another trick is if you salt the grated zucchini and let it drain in a sieve in the sink, the salt will help draw out the excess water. Play around and have some fun with this recipe. You could easily add 1/2 green onion to it, or some sliced red capsicum for something a little different.”
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the pan
1. Grate the courgette. Squeeze all the water out of the zucchinis (nobody likes a soggy fritter!) by picking up 1 handful at a time and squeeze the excess fluid into the sink or a bowl. Add squeeze zucchini into a new bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except coconut oil) into the zucchini bowl and stir together with a fork until well combined. If you feel the mixture is too wet add 1 more tbsp of coconut flour.
3. Heat coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Mould roughly ¼ of the mixture into medium sizes balls and press flat into plan (makes around 4-5 fritters).
4. Cook each side for 3-5 minutes until nicely browned. Enjoy immediately!
Enjoy these with avocado, a garden salad, or maybe a dollop of sour cream if you’re feeling naughty.
Share this with your friends … Nat x